We believe that our company’s future hinges on the talent, ambition and leadership skills of the people we hire. That’s why we’re constantly looking for tomorrow’s leaders – and we often find what we’re looking for on college campuses and in the military community.
Pride in our Commitment:
Recognition & Partnerships
For many of our people, the first step in their careers began long before they joined our team. These highly skilled, respectable and disciplined professionals became a part of our world-class workforce following service to our country. Convergys recognizes that members of the U.S. military community are dedicated to service, possess a strong work ethic, and are highly motivated. In an effort to say thank you to our military community job seekers, we take advantage of every opportunity to build relationships with veterans, separating active duty service members, members of the National Guard, Reservists, and military spouses. That's why we seek to hire veterans and transitioning military personnel, whenever possible.
- Recognized as a 2014 Military Friendly Employer and 2014 "Top 50" Military Spouse Friendly Employer by Victory Media.
- Awarded CivilianJobs.com 2013 Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military
- Convergys has pledged to hire 7,700 veterans and spouses between 2012 and 2014 as part of the National Chamber Foundation and Capitol One's Hiring 500,000 Heroes program.
- Enjoys partnerships with numerous military recruiting focused agencies to include: Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Military Spouse Corporate Career Network (MSCCN), Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), the White House Joining Forces initiative, and Military Officers Association of America (MOAA).
- Active participant in Veteran Recruiting's Virtual Career Fairs
- Nationwide participation in U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hiring Our Heroes career fairs.
- Recognized as a Show-Me Heroes employer in Missouri
- Support local community based organizations that provide needed services for veterans and their families
You’ve taken the right classes, narrowed your focus and stand within reach of your goals. You’re ready to choose a path towards the future you’ve been planning for – that path could begin with a career at Convergys. We actively recruit talented college students like you and give them access to industry leading technology, unparalleled training and supportive coworkers. We’ve worked hard to develop strong relationships with leading universities across the country and have often been recognized as an Ideal Employer in college surveys. Here’s why:
- We value flexibility and offer full-time, work from home and internship positions, as well as opportunities for new graduates and students in many areas of expertise
- Career advancement tools and support, such as our Team Leader Career Path program
- Training, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits
- Recognition as an Ideal Employer for MBAs and undergrads from recent Universum Surveys
- Noted as one of the top entry level employers in the U.S. by CollegeGrad.com
So whether we meet you on campus or through your network of professors, career advisors or peers, we want to work with you to find the right fit within our team. You can also stay in touch with Convergys through various social networks.
Your future can begin before you even receive your degree. We invite you to put your fresh perspective and desire for experience to work with Convergys. You'll be on the front lines, not only helping our internal and external clients, but also helping a respected, Fortune 500 industry leader further strengthen our reputation for excellent service. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Current students, having completed at least one year of college. Students in all majors accepted, preferably with 3.0 or above GPA
- Able and comfortable with communicating successfully with professionals at all levels of our organization
- Professional, organized, creative and willing to speak up and take initiative
Team Leader Career Path
When you join Convergys as a Team Leader, you will focus on developing and leading a team to exceed client expectations. Use your influence and your negotiating, analysis and team building skills to guide others toward achievement. When you're ready to grow your skills in another position or part of the company, we have opportunities available in a variety of areas, including:
- Client Services - Manage Convergys resources to exceed client requirements, while driving revenue
- Operations - Focus on driving business results through proactive planning and analysis, and achieving team goals through shared contributions
- Command Center - Focus on labor utilization and call forecasting to drive profitability while ensuring coverage
- Human Resources - Manage the employee lifecycle, from selection and onboarding/training, to environmental and leadership development
- Business Analysis - Analyze financial results and make recommendations for improvement
You’ve worked hard to put yourself in a position to succeed and you’ve never been more eager for your future to begin. If you're ready to take your passion, energy, experience and intelligence, and apply it to making yourself, and those around you the best you can possibly be, then Convergys is exactly the kind of place you've been looking for. When it comes to growth potential, ours is unequalled. In fact, more than 80% of our current managers have been promoted from within. And if global opportunity is what you seek -- we've got that covered too. You can begin your Convergys career in one place, and literally go as far (in our company, and around the world) as your talent, energy and ability can take you.